Amanda Leigh has had a love of words since before she could write them herself. Once she learned to read and write herself she just couldn’t stop. She reads any genre as long as the book sounds interesting. Which may explain why she can’t and never will be able to stick to one genre in her writing. From Contemporary Romance to Women’s Fiction to Paranormal Romance to Poetry and more to come. When she’s not writing or reading she enjoys getting swept away in a great TV show, going to the theater, listening to music, cooking and many different forms of art. She has a cat she adores and also loves Psychology, tea, coffee, chocolate and Elvis Presley. Not necessarily in that order. Feel free to get in touch with her.
Book Promotion Blog (This is where I promote other books. If you are interested in a promo spot here, feel free to contact me.)
To learn even more about me, read on.
A Few Things About Me:
1. My top five favorite television shows are Lost, The X-Files, Criminal Minds, The Originals, Flashforward and The 4400… and Saving Hope. I just couldn’t leave that out.
2. My top five favorite sitcoms are Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Boy Meets World, Smart Guy and Dharma & Greg.
3. My favorite color is blue. All shades of it. I also love purple, green, teal, turquoise, black and red.
4. My eyes change color.
5. I went to Pace University.
6. I love coffee but don’t drink it a lot. I drink tea a lot more than I drink coffee. I love a good French Vanilla Coolatta from Dunkin Donuts.
7. I have a ton of characters that I love from books but I also fall in love with characters from television. Who you ask? Well….. Elijah Mikaelson, SSA Aaron Hotchner, Special Agent Fox Mulder, Dr. Spencer Reid, Dr. Joel Goran, Damon Salvatore…. who else?? 😉
Some of my Favorite Quotes:
1. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
2. “The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?” ~ Albert Einstein
3. “Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ~ G. K. Chesterton
4. “Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,” ~ Emily Dickinson
5. “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. When you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also back into you.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
6. “No matter how fast light travels, it finds that the darkness is always there first and is waiting for it.” ~ Terry Pratchett
7. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
My Top Five Favorites:
– The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling (I count them as one for this.)
– The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
– Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
– Hamlet by William Shakespeare
– The Vampire Diaries series by L. J. Smith
– With Visions of Red Trilogy by Trisha Wolfe
– I don’t want to be crazy by Samantha Schultz
– Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
– Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
– The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
– Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
– The Touched (The Descendants, Book One) by Jennifer Weiser
– Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan
– The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
– The Twin’s Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
– Flaw (Flaw #1) by Ryan Ringbloom
– J. K. Rowling
– S. E. Hinton
– Emily Bronte
– L. J. Smith
– Trisha Wolfe
– Victoria Scott
– Maggie Stiefvater
– Rachel Harris
– Michelle Madow
– Jennifer Weiser
– Ryan Ringbloom
– Emily Dickinson
– Robert Frost
– William Shakespeare
I’ll read any genre, it just has to sound interesting to me. However, I do have some favorites.
– I love Young Adult fiction. The genres listed below are my favorite genres in general as well as favorite sub-genres of YA.
– Fantasy (Urban Fantasy in particular but I also love High Fantasy.)
– Post- apocalyptic
– Science Fiction
– Realistic Fiction
– Psychological Thriller
– Anything related to Psychology